Pat
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Message from the future
I made it safely to NZ. It was a great trip which consisted of sleeping and watching a couple movies. I want to give a big shout out to Tylenol PM for the brief sleep. I made connections on both flights, but unfortunately I didn't get a job during the flight which I had claimed. Checking into the hostel was really easy and it turns out the kid I'm sharing the room with is from sheffield. Small world. Another girl staying in the hostel was born in NH as well. I managed to stay awake till 11:30 and did a little bit of partying. The All Blacks were playing the French in rugby so needless to say the bars were hustlin and bustlin. Bottom line everyone in the hostel is really friendly and I'm sure I'll stay in touch with a fair share of them. I woke up early today and naturally went straight to the slopes. The ticket was a little pricey, but worth it. The conditions were amazing and the terrain reminded me of Squaw Valley. I will say that the car ride up to the mountain was scarier then any of the terrain I found on the mountain. Switch back after switch back going up nearly vertical even made my stomach a little uneasy. I made a few connections with some lift operators and got the name of the head of the ski school. Tracked them down and got another name. Hopefully this lead will pan out and I'll find a job on the slopes. No big plans tonight. Probably just going to get a few beers with some friends and call it an night. I also met some kid while skiing that went to Keene State. Small world. Anyways all is well down under. I'll check back in soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment