Saturday, July 4, 2009

Slackin

Life at the Taj Mahal has come to an end. The week in its entirety was amazing. The majority of my days were spent job hunting and house hunting which were both unsuccessful.  Winter Festival is still going on and many locals that I have talked to say that businesses will start hiring once it ends. I stayed at my friends house last night and booked back into a hostel for the remaining week. The amount of money that it costs to stay at a hostel is the same as what rent would be for an apartment, its just not as convenient as my own place.

 My spirits are still high and I am still confident I will make it the amount of time I planned on staying. The first week I was here I made two good friends who left today in a camper van with plans to travel around the south and north islands. I was tempted to join, but it would have brought my trip to an end pre-maturely and opted to stick around Q-town and continue the job/house hunt.

 I went skiing this past Thursday in order to raise spirits and to train for an upcoming event. The first time I went, I went with friends from the hostel who weren’t quite up to the same level as I was. Although it was fun to ski with people, I wasn’t able to cruise around freely and ski the fun terrain. They also weren’t much into hitting jumps. I spent the majority of the day in the park until I got a little to extreme and ripped a binding off my ski. I didn’t realize I had a problem until I fell getting off the chairlift. Can’t remember the last time I did that. I brought my ski to a local shop and got it fixed up today. The guy said he would sponsor me on the repair because I’m homeless and Jobless. I told him I’d give him a shout out if I did well and he laughed at me. Probably because I brought in Teles. The jumps are amazing. They aren’t huge, but the takeoffs are very smooth. The rail jam takes place tomorrow for me, but on the 4th for all you. So hopefully I can embrace some 4th of July spirit and win one for America.

 The places that I looked at around town were nice, but a little to pricey for me. I liked one, but the guy must not have liked me. I’m okay with his decision because we wouldn’t have gotten along. He struck me as a serial killer/gamer. Not really my type. I’ve cut back on the partying and spend most of my nights reading and watching movies. Got a new book about the guitarist in Guns’n Roses, which has been very entertaining. Hope all is well and I wish everyone a happy 4th. Have a slice of flag cake in my honor.

 Pat


I wrote this update yesterday, but was unable to post it. Anyways the rail jam I talk about turned out to not really happen. The weather was so bad that it just wasn't worth it. I tried to go skiing, but ended up making one run then getting a refund. You could see maybe 10 feet in front of you and there are no trees so it was pretty much a white out. Anyways hope everyone had a great fourth. I'll try to stay on top of posting more regularly. To be honest nothing really that exiting has been happening. All I've been doing is looking for a place to live and a job. Once those are in order I'll start enjoying myself more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment